Recipe: Hungarian Goulash
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Place meat in crockpot and cover with sliced onion.
- Combine garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika and mustard Stir in water, mix well, and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve flour in a small amount of cold water and stir into meat mixture.
- Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Recipe courtesy of food.com and chef Shapeweaver